Monday, October 22, 2007

Joy of New Life


Well, my wife, son, and I just got home from a weekend where we went to go see my new niece. She is an amazingly beautiful little girl, and I am just incredibly thankful that I get to be her uncle. I wasn't too sure how I was going to react when I actually got to hold her. I wasn't too sure I wouldn't burst into tears when I actually held her, but fortunately for me (and everyone else there too), I was able to enjoy getting to meet my wonderful little niece. Jordyn is a great little girl, with really good parents, and has a wonderful life ahead of her. It got me to thinking about life, and all the endless possibilities that we have as humans when we are born. We're born, and can't do anything for ourselves, we're completely at the mercy of our parents, whether that's for good or bad. As we grow, we become increasingly able to take control of our own lives, and our lives became increasingly complicated. Sometimes, like at the birth of a new child, it's nice to take a step back, and think about what's really important in life. Our families, and our faith are the most important things in shaping who we are to become. A new life is certainly something to celebrate!

1 comment:

Jim Duncan said...

Thank you,Greg, for your beautiful and meaningful words. They are inspirational and demonstrates the affection and love of family and for one another. Jordyn looks so small and tender but she'll probably be a thunderbolt of God's choosing by using her to radiate His love and tender care to others. She seems so small but dymamite comes in small packages. She will be a "powerhouse" for our Lord as she grows into His image and likeness. Thank again. ole DAD